Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Random Thoughts Wednesday

Everyone is now asleep here, and Brian is again on a call-in with work. We had a new cook come to interview tonight, but it seems her husband is the one who can work our needed hours, so we may give him a try. Our current one is fine, but wants full-time work, and also only can cook Indian food. The husband of the other one supposedly can cook European dishes and others... We'll maybe give him a try over the weekend to see how he is.

I went to a playgroup this morning, and about 10 other moms and toddler-aged kids were there also. I had met maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of them already. One I hadn't met is from CA, and her husband from Eden Prairie, close to our age. They have a 4-5 month old who is nice and chubby just like Ella was at that age! I reassured her that she'll grow out of it, and she is perfect!

I hope tomorrow to go into town to do some shopping, I may have to tell my maid and cook to come later, because it takes so long to get home. We could ride in with Brian, depending on when he leaves. Perhaps I could call a friend in town, and hang out there until stores open.. maybe.

The girls and I are especially enjoying our cook's chapates, which we make up like lefse with brown sugar and butter :)

There was a parade here today, to celebrate the end of the festival for Ganesh's birthday. I got a good video and some nice pictures too, mostly of the group of Indians watching the dancers ahead of the tractor pulling the Ganesh statue. Many families of the people who work here, came to watch and celebrate. It was a great photo-op!

I also hope to get out and shop for some nice potted plants for our steps outside. Hibiscus, and many other tropical plants would be perfect there, and I'm pretty sure they're quite inexpensive. I don't know if the owner here would allow for any new shrubs to be planted or not.

We bought some beautiful carved walnut furniture from a family who is moving and doesn't have a place for the pieces in their new house. I'll send pictures. They just had it waxed so it looks perfectly new. If we have enough weight left in our shipment, it'd be fun to bring some of it home. One of the pieces in particular is just gorgeous. I'm looking into some websites like Pottery Barn to find pieces I like, to have someone here make for us for 1/3 the price.

If there's something you want to know about here, send me an email or comment on this. For now, I just let all the thoughts out...and type!

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous photos you have taken! I hope you put some pictures of your new furniture on your next blog entry. I bet they are gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing the blog site and photos with me. I will share with other LLL moms too.
Looking forward to your next post. :)